[comp.lang.c] Looking for PD ANSI C preprocessor

sridhar@usceast.cs.scarolina.edu (M. A. Sridhar) (06/30/90)

I'd like to get a PD ANSI C preprocessor (as in /lib/cpp)
that can be implemented on a BSD
VAX and a 386 running SYSV. Is there such a beast? If the gnu cc is a possible
suggestion, please let me know where I can ftp the preprocessor from.

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar

murphy@ufp.dco.dec.com (Rick Murphy) (07/01/90)

The DECUS cpp is available as part of the X11 distribution.
	-Rick

Rick Murphy, WA1SPT/4			Digital Customer Center, Landover, MD
Domain:  murphy@ufp.dco.dec.com -or- murphy@ufp.enet.dec.com
Bang:    decwrl!ufp.dco!murphy  -or- decwrl!ufp.enet!murphy
Ding:	 (301) 306-2985
Disclaimer: This nonsense came from an AI program written in TECO. Ignore it.

tp@mccall.com (07/02/90)

In article <3303@usceast.UUCP>, sridhar@usceast.cs.scarolina.edu (M. A. Sridhar) writes:
> I'd like to get a PD ANSI C preprocessor (as in /lib/cpp)
> that can be implemented on a BSD
> VAX and a 386 running SYSV. Is there such a beast? If the gnu cc is a possible
> suggestion, please let me know where I can ftp the preprocessor from.

There is also a program called SCPP somewhere in the comp.sources.*
archives. I used it several years ago when I worked on a unix box. If it
doesn't do exactly what you want, it could probably be hacked. The S is for
selective, and the program is meant to allow you to process only certain
ifdefs, while leaving the rest intact, but that's the part I'm sure you
could hack.
--
Terry Poot <tp@mccall.com>                The McCall Pattern Company
(uucp: ...!rutgers!ksuvax1!mccall!tp)     615 McCall Road

max@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Max Tardiveau) (07/04/90)

There is also a preprocessor that comes with the MIT distribution
of X-Windows (available at gatekeeper.dec.com and other fine sources).

Max
Bankers do it with interest (penalty for early withdrawal).
UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!max
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!max@nosc.mil
INET: max@pnet51.orb.mn.org