[comp.lang.c] VAX-C - calling SYS$GETSYI

seaotter@athena.mit.edu (Stacy L Ramirez) (07/28/90)

Lacking access to proper documentation, the intrepid porter of unix
programs to VMS systems asked with trepidation:

	How does one call SYS$GETSYI from a C program?  Apparently
	the #define's in <SYIDEF.H> contain the main arguments of
	this function, but are there other arguments too?  Must
	any file other than <SYIDEF.H> be included?  Have I got
	the whole idea of SYS$GETSYI wrong in the first place?

	Help.  Please!

____Mike_Zraly____________________________________________________________
|	obligatory address	: c/o seaotter@athena.mit.edu		 |
|	obligatory disclaimer	: My views don't represent anyone but me |
|	obligatory quote	: Nothing takes the taste out of peanut  |
|				  butter quite like unrequited love.	 |
|							-- Charlie Brown |

In article <1990Jul27.201050.25250@athena.mit.edu> seaotter@athena.mit.edu (Stacy L Ramirez) writes:
>Lacking access to proper documentation, the intrepid porter of unix
>programs to VMS systems asked with trepidation:

Said intrepid porter should also have noted that the HELP facility at his
site appears to be under maintenance or something -- in any event it is NOT
available to him right now.