[comp.lang.c] Multiprecision Library?

JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu (J.J. Lehett) (08/15/90)

   Is there a math multiprecision library available for C (especially
Turbo C) somewhere available by FTP or the like?  I would appreciate hearing
any info on this subject.

    Thanks in advance!

*       J.J.        *             JJL101@psuvm.bitnet              *
*                   *    Penn State Center for Academic Computing  *
*    John Lehett    *          Computational Mathematics           *

draper@cpsin1.uucp (Patrick J Draper) (08/16/90)

In article <90227.094719JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu> JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu (J.J. Lehett) writes:

>   Is there a math multiprecision library available for C (especially
>Turbo C) somewhere available by FTP or the like?  I would appreciate hearing
>any info on this subject.
>
>    Thanks in advance!

I too would like to know if such a library is available for FTP.

Thanks,

Patrick Draper   ---   Michigan State University

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (08/16/90)

   >   Is there a math multiprecision library available for C
   >(especially Turbo C) somewhere available by FTP or the like?  I
   >would appreciate hearing any info on this subject.

see comp.archives of a day or two ago for details on the DECPRL
'bignum' library.

see also ftp.math.lsa.umich.edu:/pub/kevin/arith.tar.Z for
Kevin Coombes's arbitrary precision library.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv@math.lsa.umich.edu>