[comp.lang.c] CVP 3.0: internal debugger error: 0

huangj@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Jen Che Huang) (08/16/90)

Have anybody had any problems with Codeview 3.0 and OS/2 1.2.  Everytime
I try to debug my program using two monitors I get an "internal debugger
error: 0".  Has anybody been able to use a monichrome monitor and a color
monitor to debug their program?  I do have the following line in my config.sys:

   SET VIO_IBMVGA=DEVICE(BVHVGA)
   SET VIO_IBMMPA=DEVICE(BVHMPA)

Can anybody assist me in getting CVP 3.0 to work on two monitors.  I'm trying
to debug my PM App and its a pain watching the screen swap.

Thanks
Jim Huang
huangj@nyssa.cs.orst.edu

marc@metapyr.UUCP ( The Karate Kid ) (08/17/90)

In article <19862@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> huangj@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Jen Che Huang) writes:

>Have anybody had any problems with Codeview 3.0 and OS/2 1.2.  Everytime
>I try to debug my program using two monitors I get an "internal debugger
>error: 0".  Has anybody been able to use a monichrome monitor and a color
>monitor to debug their program?  I do have the following line in my config.sys:
>
>   SET VIO_IBMVGA=DEVICE(BVHVGA)
>   SET VIO_IBMMPA=DEVICE(BVHMPA)
>
>Can anybody assist me in getting CVP 3.0 to work on two monitors.  I'm trying
>to debug my PM App and its a pain watching the screen swap.
>
>Thanks
>Jim Huang
>huangj@nyssa.cs.orst.edu

You didn't mention if you had the other line for video devices in your config
file.  The lines that I have include the following immediately before your
two set lines:

    SET VIDEO_DEVICES=VIO_IBMVGA,VIO_IBMMPA

I have no problem using two monitors do debug a PM app with.  I won't ask if
you are using the /2 option :-}!

Your welcome.

Marc Paige

"tired and shagged out from a prolonged squawk" - mpfc the parrot sketch