[comp.lang.c] fast cash

roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (09/16/90)

For God's sake, not again!!!!

Why does some dweeb have to dredge this garbage up every few months and
post it to the net? This is ILLEGAL, kids... don't try this at home!

<sigh!>
--
Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu  |+| #define opinions ALL_MINE;
main(){float x=1;x=x/50;printf("It's only $%.2f, but it's my $%.2f!\n",x,x);}

gkt@iitmax.IIT.EDU (George Thiruvathukal) (09/17/90)

In article <44uJP1w163w@cybrspc>, roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) writes:
> For God's sake, not again!!!!
>
> Why does some dweeb have to dredge this garbage up every few months and
> post it to the net? This is ILLEGAL, kids... don't try this at home!

We are wise not to pay attention to the rubbish which occasionally percolates
to the top of the network.  If such attacks on net news occur once in a thousand
times, we are not talking about a staggering percentage.  When we cast names and
wit at them, we fuel their attack.  When nobody comments, they find somewhere
else to dwell.

George Thiruvathukal
gkt@iitmax.iit.edu

pruss@ria.ccs.uwo.ca (Alex Pruss) (09/18/90)

This posting was inappropriate to the newsgroup.  Chain letters are
unacceptable anywhere, but this one was particularly inappropriate.
alt.bbs would be more appropriate, although still UNACCEPTABLE.

Followups directed to alt.flame.

Alex Pruss
pruss@uwo.ca//internet
pruss@ria   //uucp
pruss@uwovax//bitnet
Assistant Network Manager, Applied Mathematics