[comp.lang.c] C grammar needed

libove@libove.det.dec.com (Jay Libove) (09/11/90)

Real standard question here ... could someone please e-mail me either a C
grammar or a pointer to a reference where I could find one? While we're at it...
I need a PL/1 (Apollo or VAX/VMS version preferably) grammar too.
Thanks!

Jay Libove                         libove@libove.det.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation      decwrl!libove.det.dec.com!libove
Detroit ACT/Ultrix Resource Center Opinions? They're mine, mine, all mine!
Farmington Hills, Michigan         and D.E.C. Can't have 'em!

akcs.dgy@vpnet.chi.il.us (Donald Yuniskis) (09/13/90)

>Real standard question here ... could someone please e-mail me either a C
>grammar or a pointer to a reference where I could find one? While we're at

presume you're looking for the ANSI version...
try "ANSI.C.Z" in volume 1 of the comp.sources.unix...

mcdaniel@adi.com (Tim McDaniel) (09/18/90)

In article <26ef2661-4f9.1comp.lang.c-1@vpnet.chi.il.us>
akcs.dgy@vpnet.chi.il.us (Donald Yuniskis) writes:

   >Real standard question here ... could someone please e-mail me either a C
   >grammar or a pointer to a reference where I could find one? While we're at

   presume you're looking for the ANSI version...
   try "ANSI.C.Z" in volume 1 of the comp.sources.unix...

Jim Roskind,
        "Independent Consultant
        516 Latania Palm Drive
        Indialantic FL 32903
        (407)729-4348
        jar@ileaf.com
        or ...!uunet!leafusa!jar"
posted a YACCable C++ grammar to comp.lang.c++ recently.  He also
posted the derived C grammar (derived largely by eliminating
productions that make no sense in C).  It seems to be good work, it's
recent, and it's public domain.  He also has papers explaining the
philosophy of his grammars and discussing the difficulties of parsing.

I have no financial interest related to him.  I have not used the
grammars myself, but I've seen no complaints about them.
--
Tim McDaniel                 Applied Dynamics Int'l.; Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Work phone: +313 973 1300                            Home phone: +313 677 4386