[comp.lang.c] ANSI<->classic converters, cont.

xmjschm@stanislav.dfci.harvard.edu (Mike Schmelzer) (09/22/90)

The story so far: I'm looking for a utility to convert
between ANSI and classical style function definitions.

The response from my previous article: none.

The followup research I did: I found a copy of Karl H's "deproto"
and have not been able to get it to work. I looked at a comp.sources.unix
archive and found a program called cproto - which requires GNU's flex. Also
I checked out the latest FAQ file, which mentioned a program called protoize,
which sounds like it's what I want. I couldn't find protoize in the archive.
(I grepped the indeces for "prototype" "proto" "ANSI" "function" and
fragments thereof and did not come up with anything else.)

So I'll ask again: Does anybody have a useful and robust tool that can
convert between ANSI and classical function definitions? (Not just
declarations, although that would be a first step.)

AdvTHANKSance,
Mike
--
========== Mike Schmelzer ============== "If looks could kill,
===== xmjschm@mbcrr.harvard.edu ========  here's looking at you."

In article <XMJSCHM.90Sep21154329@stanislav.dfci.harvard.edu> xmjschm@mbcrr.harvard.edu writes:
>The response from my previous article: none.

Gee, I wonder why?
|From: MAILER-DAEMON@mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
|Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
|   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
|<<< 553 mbcrr.local I refuse to talk to myself
|554 <xmjschm@mbcrr.harvard.edu>... Service unavailable: Bad file number

>I found a copy of Karl H's "deproto" and have not been able to get it to work.

Contact me with a working email address and I'll see what I can do.

Karl W. Z. Heuer (karl@kelp.ima.isc.com or ima!kelp!karl), The Walking Lint