[comp.lang.c] C/C++ coding/doc standards wanted

markd (Mark Diekhans) (10/11/90)

Can anyone point me to C and/or C++ coding standards or guidelines that are
publicly available (electronicly or published).  I am interested in standards
that cover internal documentation and/or coding style.

Please reply by e-mail, as I don't have time to read many news groups.
Thanks in advance,

markd@sco.com
uunet!sco!markd
uunet!cruzio!osprey!markd

cml@tove.cs.umd.edu (Christopher Lott) (10/15/90)

In article <8143@scolex.sco.COM> markd (Mark Diekhans) writes:
>Can anyone point me to C and/or C++ coding standards or guidelines.....

Via anonymous ftp -  giza.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/style-guide/*

chris...
--
Christopher Lott    Dept of Comp Sci, Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
  cml@cs.umd.edu    4122 AV Williams Bldg  301-405-2721 <standard disclaimers>

cml@tove.cs.umd.edu (Christopher Lott) (10/16/90)

In article <26995@mimsy.umd.edu> I write:
>Via anonymous ftp -  giza.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/style-guide/*

Sorry, forgot a coupla things.  First, here's what the local nameserver
has to say about giza:
giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 300 IN  A       128.146.8.61
giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 300 IN  A       128.146.6.150
giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 13376 IN        HINFO   pyramid-9825    unix

Second, here's the README file from that directory.

------
README file for contents of stylesheet directory

10_comm_spenc.roff.ms   10 commandments by Henry Spencer
README                  you're looking at it
gnu_coding_std.Z        coding standard from the GNU people as of 10 Feb 89
indhill.style.orig.Z    commented version of the original by H. Spencer
pikestylek.roff.ms.Z    5 page style sheet from Rob Pike
recommendations.Z       notes from people on the net
steal.ms.Z              H. Spencer document on code stealing, reuse
stylesheet.ms.tbl       Indian Hill guide, amended at UCB, long, very good
------

Hope this helps.

chris...
--

kannan@oar.net (Kannan Varadhan) (10/16/90)

Thus spake cml@tove.cs.umd.edu (Christopher Lott)
>In article <26995@mimsy.umd.edu> I write:
>>Via anonymous ftp -  giza.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/style-guide/*
>
>Sorry, forgot a coupla things.  First, here's what the local nameserver
>has to say about giza:
>giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 300 IN  A       128.146.8.61
>giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 300 IN  A       128.146.6.150	<<<<< ****
>giza.cis.ohio-state.edu 13376 IN        HINFO   pyramid-9825    unix

This address is invalid.  In case any of you use IP addresses to do
obscene things...please note this,

Kannan
--
Kannan Varadhan, Internet Engineer, OARNet
Ohio Supercomputer Center, Columbus, OH 43212	+1 (614) 292-4137

pardo@cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) (10/21/90)

In article <26998@mimsy.umd.edu> cml@tove.cs.umd.edu (Christopher Lott) writes:
>>Via anonymous ftp -  giza.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/style-guide/*
>Second, here's the README file from that directory.
>stylesheet.ms.tbl       Indian Hill guide, amended at UCB, long, very good

A couple things:

* `stylesheet' has been further amended -- still by me -- at the
  University of Washington, and is available via anonymous ftp
  from cs.washington.edu (128.95.1.4) in `~ftp/pub/cstyle.tar.Z'.

* Somebody sent me a request for a copy a couple days ago -- and
  reply e-mail has been bouncing.  In general, YES I will happily
  send you a compressed uuencoded tar file, split and all that,
  AND you need to send me some pretty reliable paths because my
  mailer (or somewhere in between) drops things on the floor
  occasionally.

Th'-th'-th'-that's all, folks!

	;-D on  ( Time to write some self-modifying code )  Pardo
--
		    pardo@cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo