[comp.lang.c] PC EGA routines

tony_harrison@f1000.n711.fido.oz.au (Tony Harrison) (10/23/90)

G'day all
I'm writing a small graphics program (on a 386, using Microsoft C (version
5.1) and MASM (version 5.1).
What I need to do is the following:
Define a sprite image and be able to move it around the screen in some
way.
I'm intending to use either an EGA or VGA screen. Can anyone give me some
tips as to how I should go about doing this (I have had limited exposure
to graphics program, but am fairly well versed in other areas).
.
Thanks in advance
Tony

.ORIGIN: 302/000
--- PreMail GT Gate v0.91
 * Origin: From GTnet via the Black Hole Star Gate! (3:711/1000)

brianh@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM (brian_helterline) (11/06/90)

>G'day all
>I'm writing a small graphics program (on a 386, using Microsoft C (version
>5.1) and MASM (version 5.1).
>What I need to do is the following:
>Define a sprite image and be able to move it around the screen in some
>way.
>I'm intending to use either an EGA or VGA screen. Can anyone give me some
>tips as to how I should go about doing this (I have had limited exposure
>to graphics program, but am fairly well versed in other areas).

	You need to check out INT 0x33 (Mouse supoort).  Within it are
	several subfunctions such as defining a new sprite, turning it
	on, reading its location, etc.  The actual mouse driver moves
	it around for you (once you turn it on)

>.
>Thanks in advance
>Tony

andras@alzabo.uucp (Andras Kovacs) (11/08/90)

    Title:      Programmer's Guide to PC & PS/2 Video Systems
    Author:     Richard Wilton
    Publisher:  Microsoft Press, 1987
    ISBN #:     1-55615-103-9

    The above book is an excellent coverage of video programming on PC's with
ready-to-use optimized assembly routines which interface to 'C'.

    Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with neither the author nor the publisher.
                I only used and like this book.
--
Andras Kovacs
andras@alzabo.UUCP