[comp.lang.c] Converting to Pascal

tdonaldson@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Toby Donaldson) (11/27/90)

  Does anyone know of a PC program that will translate ANSI C to
Pascal (preferably Turbo Pascal)?  I've seen a number of Pascal to
C translators, but never the reverse.

  Also, does anyone know where I might find statistics relating to
the most commonly used C tokens and standard identifiers?  I've got
a program that counts tokens, but I am hoping there might be some
statistics somewhere based on a sample of a large number of
(varied) programs.

Thanks in advance,
Toby Donaldson

In article <Z6Z0s1w163w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> tdonaldson@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Toby Donaldson) writes:
>  Does anyone know of a PC program that will translate ANSI C to
>Pascal (preferably Turbo Pascal)?  I've seen a number of Pascal to
>C translators, but never the reverse.

There's a reason.  Pascal is a far more restrictive language than C;
translating any but the most trivial C programs into Pascal is impossible
for all practical purposes.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry