[comp.lang.c] obfuscated C

dvw@sp7040.UUCP (David V. Wilbur) (06/22/88)

Can anyone email to me where I can find the winning entries of the
Obfuscated C contest (magazines or online)?

Many thanks,

Dave Wilbur
(hpda,seismo)!sp7040!dvw
--
What? Me worry?

Dave Wilbur  (No matter where you are, there you go.)
..{ihnp4,hpda,seismo}!sp7040|dvw

jgd@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (John G Dobnick) (09/13/89)

Enough about obfuscated SWAPs...

    Where are the Obfuscated C Contest results?

Have I missed them somewhere?  (I recall mention of their appearing in
comp.sources.unix, but so far... nothing.)

[If this is the wrong place to ask, point me at the proper place please.]

Somewhat patiently waiting...
--
John G Dobnick
Computing Services Division @ University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

"Knowing how things work is the basis for appreciation,
and is thus a source of civilized delight."  -- William Safire

diomidis@ecrcvax.UUCP (Diomidis Spinellis) (09/13/89)

<
<    Where are the Obfuscated C Contest results?

In article <8354@hoptoad.uucp> chongo@hoptoad.uucp (Landon C. Noll) writes:
<
<                                         216193
<                               391581 * 2      -1
<
<                                    is prime
[65087 digits and some comments ommited]
<
<     I will post the winning entries soon.  Sorry for the delay.

Diomidis
--
Diomidis Spinellis          European Computer-Industry Research Centre (ECRC)
Arabellastrasse 17, D-8000 Muenchen 81, West Germany        +49 (89) 92699199

In article <772@ecrcvax.UUCP> diomidis@ecrcvax.UUCP (Diomidis Spinellis) writes:
>In article <37@uwm.edu> jgd@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:
><Enough about obfuscated SWAPs...
><
><    Where are the Obfuscated C Contest results?
>In article <8354@hoptoad.uucp> chongo@hoptoad.uucp (Landon C. Noll) writes:
><                                         216193
><                               391581 * 2      -1
><                                    is prime
>[65087 digits and some comments ommited]
><this result.  I will post the winning entries soon.  Sorry for the
><delay.

:-) :-) :-)

You have got to be kidding.

He preempted the Obfuscated C Code Contest results to make
the most infamously wasteful posting in anyone's memory.
It's kind of like finding out that the Japanese pilots at
Pearl Harbor were spitting out of thieir cowlings, as well...

				--Blair
				  "Then again, I'm going to go
				   dig up that prime number and run
				   it through 'cc -E -D1989 | indent'..."

fred@freyr.pttrnl.nl (Fred ter Haar) (11/29/90)

I am looking for obfuscated C code.  Please send me samples.
--
Fred ter Haar       E-Mail : F_tHaar@pttrnl.nl
                    Mail   : PTT Research, Dr. Neher Laboratories,

rh@smds.UUCP (Richard Harter) (11/30/90)

In article <fred.659868933@freyr>, fred@freyr.pttrnl.nl (Fred ter Haar) writes:
> I am looking for obfuscated C code.  Please send me samples.

	Why ask people to send you samples when they get posted
	on the net as a regular thing? :-)

--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398

bright@nazgul.UUCP (Walter Bright) (12/04/90)

In article <fred.659868933@freyr> fred@freyr.pttrnl.nl (Fred ter Haar) writes:
/I am looking for obfuscated C code.  Please send me samples.

Try comp.sources.misc