[comp.lang.c] Do BASIC --> C converters exist??

stealth@nanometrics.portal.UUCP (Steve Sabram) (12/07/90)

We just inherited a project here that's several thousand
lines of Microsoft QuickBASIC code.  We want it all
converted into C; specifically Microsoft.  I know
there are a few houses out there that make
automatic converters for this.

Can anyone recommend a few vendors??  Has anyone used
these products??
--
   ________   ______
  (___  ___) (___    Stephen R. Sabram -- engineering dude |Nanometrics, Inc

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (12/08/90)

In article <852@nanometrics.UUCP> stealth@nanometrics.portal.UUCP (Steve Sabram) writes:
>We just inherited a project here that's several thousand
>lines of Microsoft QuickBASIC code.  We want it all
>converted into C; specifically Microsoft.  I know
>there are a few houses out there that make
>automatic converters for this.
>
>Can anyone recommend a few vendors??  Has anyone used
>these products??

I have a product here called Btran from Software Translations. It translates
QB code to QuickC code. The code is quite unreadable, and this is stated
clearly in the docs. I think it's primary purpose it to provide QuickBASIC users
with a development path to various platforms (they support UNIX, VMS & a few
others).

Hope this helps ...
Steve

steve.resnick@f105.n143.z1.FIDONET.ORG - or - apple!camphq!105!steve.resnick
Flames, grammar errors, spelling errrors >/dev/nul
The Asylum OS/2 BBS - (408)263-8017 IFNA 1:143/105.0