[comp.lang.c] Turbo C and Clipper

dgrimmer@ciss.Dayton.NCR.COM (Dave.Grimmer@Dayton.NCR.COM) (12/07/90)

I am looking for a way to do some trig functions (cos, sin, tan, ...)
from within a CLIPPER application.  The version I am using is Summer 87.

Are there any Clipper libraries around that have the trig functions?

I have tried writing the function with Turbo C 2.0, but I get 3 unresolved
external references when I link (this works with integer functions, but
I think there is a problem when you use a double data type).  Has anyone
written a C function for CLIPPER that uses a double data type?

The use of the trig functions is very important to the project that I am
working on.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Thanks in advance!
--
Dave Grimmer  NCR Corporate Information Resource Planning (PCD 6)
Dave.Grimmer@Dayton.NCR.COM

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (12/09/90)

In article <1650@ciss.Dayton.NCR.COM> dgrimmer@ciss.Dayton.NCR.COM (Dave.Grimmer@Dayton.NCR.COM) writes:

>I am looking for a way to do some trig functions (cos, sin, tan, ...)
>from within a CLIPPER application.  The version I am using is Summer 87.
>
>Are there any Clipper libraries around that have the trig functions?
>
>I have tried writing the function with Turbo C 2.0, but I get 3 unresolved
>external references when I link (this works with integer functions, but
>I think there is a problem when you use a double data type).  Has anyone
>written a C function for CLIPPER that uses a double data type?

Dave... Turbo C with Clipper is possible but not recommended.  The preferred
flavor is MSC 5.1.  I use QuickC 2.5 but like Turbo users I am therefore
not permitted to use the floating point routines.  Probably pretty handy
when it comes to trig functions.

There is a document on NANFORUM on Compuserve which addresses alternative
methods of using floating point but the easiest solution remains using
Microsoft C.

tom leylan
ex-Senior Systems Analyst, Nantucket Corporation
(author of "Clipper and QuickC, An End to the Controversy", Nantucket News)