[comp.lang.c] Stack size with Turbo-C

routh@eltanin.rtp.semi.harris.com (Kevin Routh x622) (12/10/90)

I wondered if Turbo C has any provision for adjusting the stack size.  I
have looked through my documentation and can't find an option.  This would
be analogous to the Microsoft C linker option /STACK:0x4000.  Thanks
for the help.

--
Kevin Routh (routh@rtp.semi.harris.com)
Harris Corporation, Durham, NC

gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (John Gordon) (12/11/90)

routh@eltanin.rtp.semi.harris.com (Kevin Routh x622) writes:

>I wondered if Turbo C has any provision for adjusting the stack size.  I
>have looked through my documentation and can't find an option.  This would
>be analogous to the Microsoft C linker option /STACK:0x4000.  Thanks
>for the help.

	Yes, there is.  It is in the form of a global variable called _stklen.
In your program, before main(), just say:

	unsigned _stklen = 64000U;  /* 64K stack */

	There's probably a .h file you need to #include, but now that you
know what you're looking for, I'm sure you can find out which one.

---
John Gordon
Internet: gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu        #include <disclaimer.h>
          gordon@cerl.cecer.army.mil       #include <clever_saying.h>

stealth@nanometrics.portal.UUCP (Steve Sabram) (12/12/90)

> I wondered if Turbo C has any provision for adjusting the stack size.  I
> have looked through my documentation and can't find an option.  This would
> be analogous to the Microsoft C linker option /STACK:0x4000.  Thanks
> for the help.

Yes it does.  However you can do it right in the source code file.  I needed
to do this went I was developing a GUI a while back.  I don't have the
manuals with me.  Call up Borlands Turbo C tech support about it and you
should get it no problem at all.  Just call information at 1-408-555-1212 and
ask for Borland's tech support number in Scott's Valley.

--
  (___  ___) (___    Stephen R. Sabram -- engineering dude |Nanometrics, Inc