[comp.lang.c] Testing ANSI vs. non-ANSI Code

cld@kd4nc.UUCP (Charles D'Englere) (12/11/90)

Are there any programs or test suites available for checking program
sources to make sure that they are fully ANSI compatible. Portability
is a plus factor. If you have been programming for a number of years,
you know you just can't break some old habits, like not declaring all
prototypes.

Charles D'Englere

--
C. D'Englere Consulting          UUCP: {...!gatech,!emory}!kd4nc!cld
  Charles L. D'Englere             Phone: 404+3259074

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (12/12/90)

In article <6069@kd4nc.UUCP> cld@kd4nc.UUCP (Charles D'Englere) writes:
>Are there any programs or test suites available for checking program
>sources to make sure that they are fully ANSI compatible.

This is not computable in the general case.  However, I believe there
is a British outfit that is marketing a "reference implementation" of
C, that is probably the closest match you can find to this requirement.