[comp.lang.c] Borland TurboC BGI Fonts...

cs00chs@unccvax.uncc.edu (charles spell) (12/21/90)

Where can I get more BGI fonts and/or a technical description of their file
formats? I have ftp. Thanx.

--
 .--------------------------.  ...  |On the border of your mind lies a place
 |uunet!mcnc!unccvax!cs00chs|  (")  |where dreams and reality are one...I will
 `--------------------------'-w-U-w-|take you there, for I am the subject...
 \%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\|the subject of your imagination. -Aldo Nova

mir@opera.chorus.fr (Adam Mirowski) (12/26/90)

In article <3021@unccvax.uncc.edu>, cs00chs@unccvax.uncc.edu (charles spell) writes:
%%
%% Where can I get more BGI fonts and/or a technical description of their file
%% formats? I have ftp. Thanx.

Well, you can take fonts from Quattro (about 4 new fonts). I have managed
to display them with the BGIdemo program one day.
On wustl.wuarchive.edu, directory /mirrors/msdos/borland there are files
containing a complete BGI description, a font editor, a font compiler/de-
compiler, etc. wsmr-simtel20.army.mil contains those files too, in the
pd1:<msdos.borland> directory.
--
Adam Mirowski,  mir@chorus.fr (FRANCE),  tel. +33 (1) 30-64-82-00 or 74
Chorus systemes, 6, av.Gustave Eiffel, 78182 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX

tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) (12/27/90)

In article <7365@chorus.fr>, mir@opera.chorus.fr (Adam Mirowski) says:

>In article <3021@unccvax.uncc.edu>, cs00chs@unccvax.uncc.edu (charles spell) writes:
>%%
>%% Where can I get more BGI fonts and/or a technical description of their file
>%% formats? I have ftp. Thanx.
>
>Well, you can take fonts from Quattro (about 4 new fonts). I have managed
>to display them with the BGIdemo program one day.
>On wustl.wuarchive.edu, directory /mirrors/msdos/borland there are files
>containing a complete BGI description, a font editor, a font compiler/de-
>compiler, etc. wsmr-simtel20.army.mil contains those files too, in the
>pd1:<msdos.borland> directory.
>--
>Adam Mirowski,  mir@chorus.fr (FRANCE),  tel. +33 (1) 30-64-82-00 or 74
>Chorus systemes, 6, av.Gustave Eiffel, 78182 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX

If it's the same one I saw, (version 1.x?) then you won't be able to use it with
the TC++ compiler. (As far as linking it in). Basically the BGIOBJ.Exe program
will not recognize any of the .CHR or .BGI files.

Carl Schelin
tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu