[comp.lang.c] make and touch sources ??

smbrush@mars.lerc.nasa.gov (Andrew Brush (Sverdrup)) (01/03/91)

I am doing my scientific computing using VAX C on VMS where most others
use FORTRAN.  As a result, our system doesn't have make or touch.
Would someone please send me the source for these, or direct me to
where to get them.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Brush [Sverdrup Technology] 216-826-6770

iago@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (tsource) (01/03/91)

In article <1991Jan2.195019.28332@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> smbrush@mars.lerc.nasa.gov writes:
>I am doing my scientific computing using VAX C on VMS where most others
>use FORTRAN.  As a result, our system doesn't have make or touch.
>Would someone please send me the source for these, or direct me to
>where to get them.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Andy Brush [Sverdrup Technology] 216-826-6770

you might be better of just making new ones since they need
some improvements like the ability to extract the dependces
from the code and the alike.

--
 [=]    [=-=]    [=]
 | |=-=-| c |-=-=| |

(iago@ucscb.ucsc.edu)

stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) (01/04/91)

smbrush@mars.lerc.nasa.gov (Andrew Brush (Sverdrup)) writes:

> I am doing my scientific computing using VAX C on VMS where most others
> use FORTRAN.  As a result, our system doesn't have make or touch.
> Would someone please send me the source for these, or direct me to
> where to get them.

   You should have your system manager look into getting the CMS/MMS
and profiling package. MMS does the same thing as make. CMS does a lot
of the SCCS stuff. I think the entire package is available (with a C
license) for about the same as just a C license. (At least this was what
I remember from about a year ago.)