[comp.lang.c] C compiles for 386 machines

v117gv8r@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Burnett) (01/10/91)

	I want to get a C or C++ package for a IBM compatable system. Could
anyone tell me what they use and how they like it. Please comment on:
	Cost
	Documentation
	Libraries (esp graphics)

	As well as any other special features you like or dislike.

					Thank you,
					Thom

bright@nazgul.UUCP (Walter Bright) (01/15/91)

In article <53921@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v117gv8r@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
/	I want to get a C or C++ package for a IBM compatable system. Could
/anyone tell me what they use and how they like it. Please comment on:
/	Libraries (esp graphics)

Zortech is shipping a C/C++ compiler for the 386. It generates code that
when combined with Pharlap's DOS Extender will be full 32-bit applications.
And yes, our FG graphics package is fully ported to 32 bits. For more
detailed information and pricing call Zortech at 800-848-8408 and ask for
a brochure.

fjb@metaware.metaware.com (Fred Bourgeois) (01/18/91)

In article <219@nazgul.UUCP> bright@nazgul.UUCP (Walter Bright) writes:
>In article <53921@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v117gv8r@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>>      I want to get a C or C++ package for a IBM compatable system. Could
>>anyone tell me what they use and how they like it. Please comment on:
>>      Libraries (esp graphics)

[I'm not a DOS user, so I can't answer the library questions.]

>Zortech is shipping a C/C++ compiler for the 386. [...]

MetaWare is shipping two separate C compilers for 386 DOS, both of which generate
full 32 bit code (using Pharlap DOS-extender, I hear).  You have a coice between
the older Locally Optimizing Compiler (LOC), or the newer Globally Optimizing
Compiler (GOC).  For further information, send email to sales@metaware.com,
or call (408) 429-6382.
--
Fred Bourgeois, MetaWare Inc., 2161 Delaware Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-2806
fjb@metaware.com					...!uunet!metaware!fjb