[comp.lang.c] Error in Microsoft C

rcs61423@zach.fit.edu (Thomas Otake /ADVISOR Clay) (01/27/91)

A friend of mine, working with Microsoft C, ran into a situation which
made her go nuts. When compiling a program the following error message
was shown:
   Invalid object module
Since I don't use Microsoft C I wasn't much help and am hoping somebody
out there could tell me what is wrong or what the cause of such an
error might be.

Thanks in advance. If possible replies to my E-mail address are apreciated
since I don't read the news too frequently.

Tom
rcs61423@zach.fit.edu

jvj0852@rouge.usl.edu (Joubert John V) (01/27/91)

In article <1927@winnie.fit.edu> rcs61423@zach.UUCP (Thomas Otake /ADVISOR Clay) writes:
>A friend of mine, working with Microsoft C, ran into a situation which
>made her go nuts. When compiling a program the following error message
>was shown:
>   Invalid object module

     I have seen this problem before when I have the incremental linker turned
on.  It seems to go away when I turn this feature off.  The solution to your
problem is simple, just rebuild everything, or at least the module that is
giving you trouble.  I still use the i-link feature, it's just that once or
twice during a long dev. session I may generally have to re-build everything.
This is not too bad, I guess you could choose this time to go for coffee!