[comp.lang.c] Curses C Language Functions

zqadata@dcrlg3 (QA Special) (01/31/91)

I am looking for a good basic text or other instructional material
regarding the C languge functions called "curses".  Any suggestions?
Jerry Guerin, DLA, DCMAO El Segundo, CA.

cze2529@dcsc.dla.mil (Dave Gaulden) (02/01/91)

In article <499@dcrlg3> zqadata@dcrlg3 (QA Special) writes:
>I am looking for a good basic text or other instructional material
>regarding the C languge functions called "curses".  Any suggestions?
>Jerry Guerin, DLA, DCMAO El Segundo, CA.

Try "Programming with Curses" from O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.

Nutshell Handbooks

ISBN: 0-937175-02-1

632 Petaluma Ave.
Sebastopol, CA 95472

email: uunet!ora!nuts
phone: 800-338-NUTS  in CA call 800-533-NUTS

rcpt@rw7.urc.tue.nl (Piet Tutelaers) (02/01/91)

zqadata@dcrlg3 (QA Special) writes:

>I am looking for a good basic text or other instructional material
>regarding the C languge functions called "curses".  Any suggestions?
>Jerry Guerin, DLA, DCMAO El Segundo, CA.

(I could not reply to your private E-mail address, so here is a public
answer.)

You don't find the original description of curses from Kenneth Arnold
good enough? In may UNIX books this tutorial is included. It provides the
examples life.c and twinkle.c. If you have problems with finding this
article I can send you the troff sources (you will need troff and vgrind to
typeset it) or a plain ASCII version. Although curses is not PD the
documentation and sources may be redistributed with some restrictions.

--Piet

uucp:   rcpt@urc.tue.nl       | Piet Tutelaers        Room  RC 1.90
bitnet: rcpt@heithe5.BITNET   | Eindhoven University of  Technology
phone:  +31 (0)40 474541      | P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, NL