[comp.lang.c] Approponess of postings

dfoster@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Derek R. Foster) (02/02/91)

In article <1286@tronsbox.xei.com> tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) writes:
>	I would say questions about the "C" language that are NOT TC++
>or ms-dos specific would go on comp.lang.c
>
>	The same for C++ questions.

I'd rather see C++-specific stuff on comp.lang.c++

>	As for TC++ specific questions, put them on comp.lang.c++ as
>they are really about the compiler itself and not ms-dos.

Also, please put the characters "TC++" in your subject and/or keywords line
so that people who don't have that compiler can filter them out. THIS GOES
FOR OTHER COMPILERS TOO!

>	(Actually, I think comp.lang.tc++ is a decent idea)

I second the motion. I'm tired of having to filter out stuff about g++,
OOP, etc. with an exponentially growing KILL file.

>=========== Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ===================

Derek Riippa Foster