[comp.lang.c] 2 People updating same file; diff3

hendrik@zeusa.UUCP (Hendrik Vermooten) (02/04/91)

This isn't a pure C question; can't think of a better place, tho ...

I am working on a project where 2 people are maintaining/updating the
same set of C modules at different sites. We'd like an elegant way of
merging both sets of changes into one from time to time.

I've experimented with diff3 but that doesn't seem to be quite the answer.
Am I missing something obvious?

We are both using XENIX, sccs, GNU Emacs. Any ideas would be appreciated.

--
---------- Opinions expressed here are not necessarily my own ------------
Hendrik Vermooten, ZEUS software    TEL +27 12 64-5507, FAX +27 12 64-8382

gamerine@bluemoon.uucp (Glenn Amerine) (02/06/91)

hendrik@zeusa.UUCP (Hendrik Vermooten) writes:

> This isn't a pure C question; can't think of a better place, tho ...
>
> I am working on a project where 2 people are maintaining/updating the
> same set of C modules at different sites. We'd like an elegant way of
> merging both sets of changes into one from time to time.
>
> I've experimented with diff3 but that doesn't seem to be quite the answer.
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> We are both using XENIX, sccs, GNU Emacs. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Have you tried using Polytron Revision Control? It facilitates merging
changes from different people back togther (although I must admit I have
never tried to use this feature).

Glenn