[comp.lang.c] C database management libraries

jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeffrey S Traigle) (01/22/91)

I need to know some companies that provide C database management
libraries. I know of such a product called Btrieve. I don't know
who makes it, but the documentation wasn't very helpful anyway
so I would like other options if there are any. If anyone could
send me a way to contact companies with this type of library, I
would greatly appreciate it.

||  Jeff Traigle  ||  jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu   ||  Born to be mild.  ||
|| B.S. Computer Science 1991 || 199? M.B.A. Management Information Systems  ||
||  "The superior man is slow in his word and earnest in his conduct."       ||
||                                                         -- Confucius      ||

awd@dbase.A-T.COM (Alastair Dallas) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.051624.9332@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeffrey S Traigle) writes:
> I need to know some companies that provide C database management
> libraries.

Here's a couple off the top of my head:

	db_vista by Raima in Bellevue, Washington

	AccSys by Copia International, Ltd.
	1964 Richton Drive
	Wheaton, IL  60187

No endorsement by me or my company--I haven't used either of these.

/alastair/

Bruce_H_Ring@cup.portal.com (01/26/91)

jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeffrey S Traigle) says:

>> I need to know some companies that provide C database
>> management libraries. I know of such a product called
>> Btrieve. I don't know who makes it, but the documentation
>> wasn't very helpful anyway  ...

Btrieve comes from Novell.  An application can use Btrieve
to access files on the same computer or files on a Novell file
server running Btrieve.  The 'Btrieve Programmer s
Manual' (Btrieve version 5.10) is a good intro.

Bruce Ring
Gupta Technologies, Inc.
bruce_h_ring@cup.portal.com

tony@adds.HauppaugeNY.NCR.COM ( anthony andriani ) (02/01/91)

jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeffrey S Traigle) says:

> I need to know some companies that provide C database
> management libraries...

A company called Softfocus in Oakville, Ontario, makes an outstanding
btree/ISAM package -- fast, easy to use, relatively easy to modify.
Softfocus is a small company, but the people there are very responsive
to comments, bug reports, etc.  The package is designed for IBM PC's,
but the source code is included in the price so it shouldn't be a big
deal to port it to just about any system you want. If you're interested,
send me email and I'll track down a phone number for you.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Softfocus other than as a
satisfied customer, etc, etc...

Tony Andriani, Programmer/Analyst
ADDS/NCR
Hauppauge, NY
tony@adds.HauppaugeNY.NCR.COM

todd@toolz.uucp (Todd Merriman) (02/08/91)

tony@adds.HauppaugeNY.NCR.COM ( anthony andriani ) writes:
>jstraigl@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeffrey S Traigle) says:
>> I need to know some companies that provide C database
>> management libraries...
>A company called Softfocus in Oakville, Ontario, makes an outstanding
>btree/ISAM package -- fast, easy to use, relatively easy to modify.
>Softfocus is a small company, but the people there are very responsive
>to comments, bug reports, etc.
>I'll track down a phone number for you.

SoftFocus
1343 Stanbury Dr.