[comp.lang.c] DS != SS in Turbo C 2.0 etc etc etc

bonnett@seismo.CSS.GOV (H. David Bonnett) (02/07/91)

It would be greatly appreciated by me (and I expect others) if the questions/
comments about specific architectures--compilers were not posted to comp.lang.c. If it is not applicable to the language in general, move it else-
where. I don't care about Intel segments, and hopefully never will have to
again.

-dave bonnett;Center for Seismic Studies, Arlington VA bonnett@seismo.css.gov

brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) (02/12/91)

bonnett@seismo.CSS.GOV (H. David Bonnett) writes:

>It would be greatly appreciated by me (and I expect others) if the questions/
>comments about specific architectures--compilers were not posted to comp.lang.c. If it is not applicable to the language in general, move it else-
>where. I don't care about Intel segments, and hopefully never will have to
>again.

Is it such a bother to NOT read the articles? I don't see how you would expect
people to change newsgroups in the middle of a thread. It started as a TurboC
memory models question. Where else would you post it? The hardware type group?
Intel discussion group? I use TurboC with DOS, and cc/gcc with Unix. I think
it is helpful to know of the problems (current or future) that one may run
into while programming in the two environments....

I guess my question to the group would be, So what? Just don't read the
articles; especially if it bothers you that much...

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    xmg23356, macbrando          |

bonnett@seismo.CSS.GOV (H. David Bonnett) (02/12/91)

brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
|> bonnett@seismo.CSS.GOV (H. David Bonnett) writes:
<My message about inappropriate posts for this group deleted>
|>Is it such a bother to NOT read the articles?I don't see how you would expect
|>people to change newsgroups in the middle of a thread. It started as a TurboC
|>memory models question. Where else would you post it?The hardware type group?
|> Intel discussion group? I use TurboC with DOS, and cc/gcc with Unix. I think
|> it is helpful to know of the problems (current or future) that one may run
|> into while programming in the two environments....
|>
|> I guess my question to the group would be, So what? Just don't read the
|> articles; especially if it bothers you that much...

Well, I personally would post it to the ibm-pc.programmers hierarchy; just
like I would post Mac specific questions to the MAC groups, NOT HERE.

FLAME ON::
 This is why we go to all of the trouble of creating different groups for
different topics and interests. I do not feel that Intel segment register
questions are relevant to me and you probably would not feel that Mac memory
manager quirks were relevant to you. So learn the concepts of News and use
the structure as it was intended...
Notice the Followup To: line; That is how I would expect people to move the
discussion.. The point is that Turbo C memory models don't belong here at all.

FLAME OFF:

dave bonnett; Center for Seismic Studies, Arlington,VA bonnett@seismo.css.gov