[comp.lang.c] Choosing a PC compiler

C63753@TRMETU.BITNET (SAOOD KEMAL ABASSI) (02/17/91)

I want to use C language in a program for developing some diagrams. Therefor
I have to choose a C compiler that offers strong graphic functions library.
Could anyone suggest a good C compiler for IBM PC.

Thanks in anticipation.

bangell%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Bob Angell) (02/17/91)

In article <91045.144108C63753@TRMETU.BITNET> C63753@TRMETU.BITNET (SAOOD KEMAL ABASSI) writes:

>I want to use C language in a program for developing some diagrams. Therefor
>I have to choose a C compiler that offers strong graphic functions library.
>Could anyone suggest a good C compiler for IBM PC.
>
>Thanks in anticipation.

Try the new Borland C++, it promises to have strong WINDOWS interfacing and
other graphic capabilities.  It sells for ~100.00 if you are a student or
affiliated with a university.  I am not sure of the retail price.

Their telephone number is:  (408)438-8400

-Bob-

bangell@peruvian.utah.edu
angellrl@cc.utah.edu
!peruvian.utah.edu!bangell

"No affiliation to the above company, just a satisfied customer!"

In article <1991Feb17.070148.9887@hellgate.utah.edu> bangell%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Bob Angell) writes:
>In article <91045.144108C63753@TRMETU.BITNET> C63753@TRMETU.BITNET (SAOOD KEMAL ABASSI) writes:
>>
>>I want to use C language in a program for developing some diagrams. Therefor
>>I have to choose a C compiler that offers strong graphic functions library.
>>Could anyone suggest a good C compiler for IBM PC.
>>
>>Thanks in anticipation.
>
>Try the new Borland C++, it promises to have strong WINDOWS interfacing and
>other graphic capabilities.  It sells for ~100.00 if you are a student or
>affiliated with a university.  I am not sure of the retail price.
>
>Their telephone number is:  (408)438-8400
>
>-Bob-
>
>bangell@peruvian.utah.edu
>angellrl@cc.utah.edu
>!peruvian.utah.edu!bangell
>
>"No affiliation to the above company, just a satisfied customer!"

Also try Power C, it sells for ~55 with debugger and source!  However, I am not
sure of its graphic capabilities, it is a great compiler.

-Bob-

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (02/18/91)

[Followups have been redirected to comp.os.msdos.programmer.]

In article <91045.144108C63753@TRMETU.BITNET>, C63753@TRMETU (SAOOD KEMAL ABASSI) writes:
>Could anyone suggest a good C compiler for IBM PC.

A prewritten summary of IBM PC compilers can be ftp'd from
math.princeton.edu:pub/rjc/csip/compilers.Z.  People without
ftp access may send email to rjc@math.princeton.edu
consisting of exactly three lines:

	path raymond@math.berkeley.edu
	send compilers
	end

except, of course, you replace raymond@math.berkeley.edu with your
own email address.
--
raymond@math.berkeley.edu
Maintainer of the comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc Frequently Asked Questions file.