[comp.lang.c] Typename style

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar1.103608@IASTATE.EDU> john@IASTATE.EDU (Hascall John Paul) writes:

>#define FOO 4
>typedef struct {
>      char    f_thing;
>      int     f_thang[FOO];
>} Foo;                        (or FooType, or fooType)
>Foo foo;

I hope you don't do this on any code I ever have to look at.  Names that
differ only by the case of the letters are way too close, IMHO, even if
they are related.

That aside, I agree there should be some kind of C style standard (or
guideline, if you like), which would set forth some naming conventions
and the like, and which would also protect these conventions from
being used for something else.

--
		Dave Schaumann		dave@cs.arizona.edu
'Dog Gang'!  Where do they get off calling us the 'Dog Gang'?  I'm beginning to