[comp.lang.c] TURBOC bios question

ohoward@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Todd Howard) (03/09/91)

I'm am trying to get turboc 1.5 to interface with a serial port using
BIOSCOM.  It seems that bioscom doesn't actually send (or receive) the data
that I request or send.  Is this a problem with the version I'm running?
Any help would be appreciated.  I was sure to include the stdio.h, bios.h, and
dos.h (just in case).  The syntax I used is shown below:

int q,d;
char ch;

/*  Send a byte */
bioscom (1,ch,2);

I know that the COM2 port works, as I have a modem installed and working.
Please mail replies directly to me.  Thanks.

Todd

"Sometimes I think the universe         |    Todd Howard
just waits for me to get cocky..."      |    ohoward@matt.ksu.ksu.edu

ohoward@wyatt.ksu.ksu.edu (Todd Howard) (03/10/91)

ohoward@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Todd Howard) writes:

>I'm am trying to get turboc 1.5 to interface with a serial port using
>BIOSCOM.  It seems that bioscom doesn't actually send (or receive) the data
>that I request or send.  Is this a problem with the version I'm running?
>Any help would be appreciated.  I was sure to include the stdio.h, bios.h, and
>dos.h (just in case).  The syntax I used is shown below:

>int q,d;
>char ch;

>/*  Send a byte */
>bioscom (1,ch,2);

>I know that the COM2 port works, as I have a modem installed and working.
>Please mail replies directly to me.  Thanks.

I forgot to include that I HAD set up the COM port for the correct line
settings in an earlier BIOSCOM command (although I'm not sure that worked
either).

Todd

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from |           Todd Howard
time to time with the blood of patriots and | INTERNET: ohoward@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
tyrants."     --Thomas Jefferson            |   BITNET: ohoward@ksuvm.ksu.edu

gw1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gabriel M. Wachob) (03/12/91)

I have had the exact same problem with TC++ 1.01 even!!! (And TC 2.0)
I really want to know what is going on..
-gmw