[comp.lang.c] Common C Errors

don@dgbt.doc.ca (Donald McLachlan) (03/13/91)

	I gather from some ongoing discussions (I'm not sure in which
newsgroup) that there was an article published in some month of "Unix
World" entitled something like "Common C Errors".

	Could someone please let me know which month/year this was in?

	If I have the wrong magazine, then no wonder I haven't been able
to find it. My brain is just to full of Unix cmd syntax to remember anything
else (or at least thats what some people seem to think:-)).

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar12.175241.10592@dgbt.doc.ca> don@dgbt.doc.ca (Donald McLachlan) writes:
> I gather from some ongoing discussions (I'm not sure in which
> newsgroup) that there was an article published in some month of "Unix
> World" entitled something like "Common C Errors".

There have been a couple of "C" quiz type columns recently in the C users
journal, and possibly else where.  But if you are looking the ultimate
tretise on C snafus, check out the book "C Traps And Pitfalls" by Andrew
Koenig (Addison-Wesley).  This book _will_ help your programming if you
read through the book examples and attempt to understand the examples.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                       ...uunet!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john

stan@Dixie.Com (Stan Brown) (03/17/91)

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) writes:

>In article <1991Mar12.175241.10592@dgbt.doc.ca> don@dgbt.doc.ca (Donald McLachlan) writes:
>> I gather from some ongoing discussions (I'm not sure in which
>> newsgroup) that there was an article published in some month of "Unix
>> World" entitled something like "Common C Errors".

	Well.. I thought this would have been answered long ago, but
	since it hasn't.

	The article in question is on page 74 of the November 1990 _UNIX_REVIEW_
	and IMHO is *very* good.

--
Stan Brown	P. c. Design 	404-363-2303	Ataant Ga.
(emory|gatech|uunet) rsiatl!sdba!stan				"vi forever"