[comp.lang.c] Comm ports

opr_deforest@nradm.enet.dec.com (Dave DeForest) (03/15/91)

I am looking for some C routine that allow you to access the COM port on PC's
My Compiler's (Microsoft C) library functions do not suport high speed
transfer (nothin over 300 baud), also how would you go about accessing the
other 6 COM ports. All the functions I have seen only support COM1 and COM2.
Any help would be appreciated.
	Thanks in advance.

Dave.

opr_deforest@nradm.enet.dec.com

or on Easynet nradm::opr_deforest

brianh@hpcvia.CV.HP.COM (brian_helterline) (03/19/91)

opr_deforest@nradm.enet.dec.com (Dave DeForest) writes:
>I am looking for some C routine that allow you to access the COM port on PC's
>My Compiler's (Microsoft C) library functions do not suport high speed
>transfer (nothin over 300 baud), also how would you go about accessing the
>other 6 COM ports. All the functions I have seen only support COM1 and COM2.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>	Thanks in advance.
>
>Dave.
>
>opr_deforest@nradm.enet.dec.com
>
>or on Easynet nradm::opr_deforest
>----------

A software package I use is CommLib from Greenleaf Software.  It will
set up your ports for interrupt driven communication up to 19.2Kbaud
(although they don't recomment running to many that high) plus lots
of control (Xon/Xoff, CTS/RTS, Kermit ).  It all comes as libraries
for MSC5.1 (maybe 6.0 now?) or other popular DOS compilers.

If you have 6 other COM ports, you must have a special board in your PC.
Greenleaf support many of the popular ones but you may want to check
before you buy.

	GreenLeaf Software Inc.
	16479 Dallas Parkway,
	Bent Tree Tower Two, Suite 570
	Dallas, TX  75248
	Phone: (214) 248-2561
	FAX:   (214) 248 7830

I am in no way associated with GreenLeaf other than a satisfied customer!

Brian Helterline     |                                | brianh@hpcvia.cv.HP.COM
Hewlett Packard      |       empty space here         | ..!hp-pcd!hpcvia!brianh
Corvallis, OR  97330 |         			      |