[comp.lang.c] How to call a fortran subroutine in a C program?

Mingqiu Sun <sun@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu> (03/26/91)

This question is probably asked before. Is there an easy way to call
a subroutine written in fortran by a C program?  I am talking about
something like commercial IMSL subroutines, which I have no access of
the original fortran source codes. I need only to know how to do it
in a UNIX environment.

Thanks.

mouse@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (der Mouse) (03/27/91)

In article <2774@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>, sun@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu (Mingqiu Sun) writes:
> This question is probably asked before.

Yup :-)

> Is there an easy way to call a subroutine written in fortran by a C
> program?

Maybe.  This is entirely dependent on your compiler and system.  Some
make it trivial, some make it impossible, and I'm sure there are many
variations in between.

> I need only to know how to do it in a UNIX environment.

Most UNIX environments with FORTRAN (an environment without C can
hardly be called UNIX) provide some way to interface between C an
FORTRAN.  Check your FORTRAN manual; that's usually the place to find
such information.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu