[comp.lang.c] All flamage

bhoughto@nevin.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (04/09/91)

Most of what follows is gratuitous and violent; the only
way to make it useful would be to provide a program to
generate it automatically; unfortunately, sport is a
tough thing to emulate...

In article <12259@sybase.sybase.com> hamish@mate.sybase.com (Just Another Deckchair on the Titanic) writes:
>In article <3647@inews.intel.com> bhoughto@nevin.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>>Shit happens, swabbie's-butt-breath.  (Just doing my part
><to positively reinforce your opinion of me, hilariously
>>bad as it may be.)
>
>For anyone out there still awake, I have taken this to email, for
>obvious reasons.

No, you haven't, you blistering ur-liar.  I haven't seen
e-diddly from you, and if news is outrunning mail it's
likely you don't know how to spell '/usr/ucb/mail' as well
as you do 'F'.

Criminy, I've already received bleeding fan-mail for swatting you,
but nothing from you continuing this discussion.

>(Anyone interested in the results (eg. the answer to such burningly
>relevant questions as "what did Blair see on the road to Intel that
>caused him to switch from flaming people for using semantics to help
>resolve real-world compiler writing issues, to (perhaps) seeing some
>use to formal semantics?",

It's mostly because people on the net have learned to
listen, and ask questions, and I get paid for what I do
(including improving my own expertise by researching many
of the questions I answer here on the net, which I do on my
own time).  What's keeping you back, safety-match-breath?

>and "has Blair learnt to get attributions
>right yet (and not flame himself in the foot doing so..." can email me

Anyone who does so is walking into the parlor of a
propagandist on par with Goebbels' dachshund.  If I hadn't
been on vacation I might even have watched him dulling
his crayon scrawling this tripe onto the wall.  Take along
your pooper-scooper, a good set of noseplugs, and your
VISA card, 'cuz he don't tell small ones and he don't
take American Express.

...the only thing the attribution mishap did was save Ham
from getting _his_ twaddle trounced at the time.

				--Blair
				  "That, and the fact that I didn't
				   have a set of precision-pointed
				   boots in Beantown; proximity to
				   Mexico has remedied that deficiency."

hamish@mate.sybase.com (Just Another Deckchair on the Titanic) (04/13/91)

In article <3728@inews.intel.com> bhoughto@nevin.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>Most of what follows is gratuitous and violent; the only
>way to make it useful would be to provide a program to
>generate it automatically; unfortunately, sport is a
>tough thing to emulate...

Ah, there you go again (you can't help it, can you?!).

<>>Shit happens, swabbie's-butt-breath.

<>For anyone out there still awake, I have taken this to email, for
<>obvious reasons.

<No, you haven't, you blistering ur-liar.  I haven't seen
>e-diddly from you, and if news is outrunning mail it's
<likely you don't know how to spell '/usr/ucb/mail' as well
>as you do 'F'.

Gosh, we've been carrying on this reasonable email conversation all
this time and now I see this? Something about not realising news
and/or email propagation delays might cloud the issue? Something about
work intruding on all that free time?

Bad faith?

For the record, I'm still mulling over Blair's email proposals / notes;
we've had a fairly polite time so far, despite the more visible
content-free hand-waving bluster.

Oh well, as I said before, it's all in email....

	Hamish
Hamish Reid           Sybase Inc, 6475 Christie Ave, Emeryville CA 94608 USA
+1 415 596-3917       hamish@sybase.com       ...!{mtxinu,sun}!sybase!hamish