[comp.lang.c] Wanted: Book on Advanced Pointer Use

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (04/16/91)

Sometime in the past I thought I had seen a C language book that
specifically dealt with pointers.  I also believe that the
title had "pointers" in (but not "C Pointers & Pitfalls").
My local bookstores (technical and regular) don't have anything.

Anybody know the title and/or ISBN or have a favorite book that
deals with the subject?

Thanks,

Marc Ries  ries@venice.sedd.trw.com

jan@root.co.uk (Joseph Nave) (04/17/91)

In <1057@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) writes:

>Anybody know the title and/or ISBN or have a favorite book that
>deals with the subject?

After K&R, the most useful book I have found is:

Software Engineering in C
P.A. Darnell & P.E. Margolis
Springer-Verlang

It covers all the normal mertial, but also has asides in shadded boxes in the
text coerving "ANSI - features" and "bug alerts"

	Hope this helps
		Joe
--
"I opened Pandora's box, let the cat out of the bag and
put the ball in their court"

mun@hpcc01.HP.COM (Duane T. Mun) (04/28/91)

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) writes:

> Sometime in the past I thought I had seen a C language book that
> specifically dealt with pointers.  I also believe that the
> title had "pointers" in (but not "C Pointers & Pitfalls").
> My local bookstores (technical and regular) don't have anything.
>
> Anybody know the title and/or ISBN or have a favorite book that
> deals with the subject?

Maybe this is what you're looking for:

   Mastering C Pointers - Tools for Programming Power
      Traister, Academic Press, 1990, 0-12-697408-X.

A friend of mine picked this up a while ago...he thought it was kinda
simple...I've never read it.