[comp.lang.c] Quine-McCluskey Algorithm?

sjohnson@texas.vlsi.sgi.com (Scott Johnson) (05/09/91)

In <1991May7.232640.12166@milton.u.washington.edu> jinx@milton.u.washington.edu (Flying On A Canvas Wing) writes:

>s872607@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (George Tzanatos) writes:

>>D.M.Johnson@newcastle.ac.uk (Dave Johnson) writes:

>>>I would like this as well, e-mail address below

>>Please add me to the list too.......s872607@minyos.xx.rmit.oz

>>Thanks in advance.

>Add me, too.

Aaah!  The *Quine*-*McCluskey* algorithm (professor McCluskey would turn
over in his lecturer chair if he saw all this) can be best found in any
book on logic design by (Edward) McCluskey himself, i.e. Logic Design
Principles Chapter 6 section 6 pages 215 on.  This isn't C source, but
it should be simple for anyone to create from this discussion.

sj

dagenais@siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca (Michel Dagenais) (05/09/91)

>In article <1991May8.214016.18006@odin.corp.sgi.com>
>           sjohnson@texas.vlsi.sgi.com (Scott Johnson) writes:
>   In <1991May7.232640.12166@milton.u.washington.edu>
>      jinx@milton.u.washington.edu (Flying On A Canvas Wing) writes:
>   >s872607@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (George Tzanatos) writes:
>   >>D.M.Johnson@newcastle.ac.uk (Dave Johnson) writes:
>   >>>TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu (David M. Onder) writes:
>
>   >>>>I am looking for an implementation of the Quinn-McClaskey Algorithm for
>   >>>>minimizing a logical function.  I need this as soon as possible so if
>   >>>>anyone has information or the source, please e-mail me!  Thank you.....
>
>   >>>I would like this as well, e-mail address below
>   >>Please add me to the list too.......s872607@minyos.xx.rmit.oz
>   >Add me, too.

I wrote a fairly efficient implementation a few years ago. It is now
available for anonymous ftp on siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca. The name is
pub/mcboole.tar.Z. It is written in C and works on UNIX/VMS/DOS. I will
probably send it to comp.sources.unix shortly because of the interest shown
on the net.

Michel Dagenais				    dagenais@vlsi.polymtl.ca
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal		    tel: (514) 340-4029