[comp.lang.c] Info Wanted on JPI Topspeed Languages

Bits_of_Magic@cup.portal.com (05/13/91)

I'm looking for real-life information about JPI's Topspeed languages for
MS-DOS.  Has anyone out there used them enough to comment?

The information I got from JPI looks impressive (except for the description
of their editor), especially the DOS DLLs, multi-threading, and ease of
integrating code in different languages.

Many thanks in advance,
* Evan Robinson                * "I never get sick of zombies.  I just get *
* bits_of_magic@cup.portal.com *   sick of producers."                     *
* GEnie: EVANROB               *                        George Romero      *

tmurphy%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Thomas Murphy) (05/13/91)

In article <42260@cup.portal.com> Bits_of_Magic@cup.portal.com writes:
>I'm looking for real-life information about JPI's Topspeed languages for
>MS-DOS.  Has anyone out there used them enough to comment?

I have a friend who has been using JPI's modula compiler for about a
year now.  He really likes it but said the compiler is really buggy.
He got the compiler because of the language and because he didn't like
the old borland environment.  He has used it for multiple language
combinations and says its not as easy as they say.

      Murph                     "Government that governs the least