[comp.lang.c] Quinn-McCluskey Algorithm?

brian@vuse.vanderbilt.edu (Brian Antao) (05/14/91)

In article <May.7.11.48.23.1991.24393@athos.rutgers.edu> masticol@athos.rutgers.edu (Steve Masticola) writes:
>I remember from my darkest undergrad days that this book had the
>Quine-McCluskey algorithm. There may be more recent references.
>
>- Steve (masticol@cs.rutgers.edu).
>
>   AUTHOR Hill, Fredrick J.
>    TITLE Introduction to switching theory and logical design [by] Fredrick J.
>          Hill [and] Gerald R. Peterson.
>PUBLISHER New York, Wiley [1968]
>  DESCRIP xiii, 449 p. illus. 23 cm.
>    NOTES Includes bibliographies.
>OTHER AUT Peterson, Gerald R., joint author.
>OTHER TIL Switching theory and logical design.
> SUBJECTS Switching theory.
>     ISBN 047139880X

The algorithm was first described in the seminal paper by Prof. McCluskey
published in the Bell System Technical Journal,

E.J. McCluskey, "Minimization of Boolean functions",
Bell system Technical Journal, pp 1417-1444, Nov. 1956.

Another good source of reference is the more recent book by McCluskey,

E.J. McCluskey, "Logic Design Principles: with emphasis on testable semicustom
circuits", Prentice-Hall, 1986, ISBN 013539784-7 025

--
Brian Antao,  Dept. of Electrical Engg.,     |INET: brian@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Vanderbilt University, 			     |Phone: (615)-343-6191