[comp.lang.c] C Compiler Test Suite

ham@polya.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham) (11/30/88)

I'm looking for a collection of simple C programs to exercise a developing
compiler.  I would appreciate any pointers.
Peter
--

Peter Ham			PO Box 3430	(415) 321-5746
MS Computer Science Student	Stanford, CA	ham@polya.stanfor.edu

pec@necntc.nec.com (Paul Cohen) (05/23/91)

I am looking for a test suite to evaluate a C compiler which is supposed
to be ANSII C compatible (but which I know does not even support the full
K&R language).  I want to determine what it lacks.  If anyone knows of a
test suite that would be useful for this purpose please send me mail.

	harvard!necntc!pec

In article <28428@necntc.nec.com> pec@necntc.nec.com (Paul Cohen) writes:
>I am looking for a test suite to evaluate a C compiler which is supposed
>to be ANSII C compatible (but which I know does not even support the full
>K&R language)...

You forgot a crucial parameter:  how much are you willing to pay?

Most (all?) of the current test suites are proprietary software, available
only for a (hefty) price.
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry