[comp.lang.c] Complex Matrix Diagonalisation Routines

erik@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu (Erik Schumacher) (05/24/91)

I am looking for C- routines similar to the Fortran Eispack routines.  Most urgently I need a diagonalisation routine for complex matrices. Thanks for your
help.  I appreciate it.

Erik Schumacher
Optical Sciences Center
University of Arizona
erik@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu

kirste@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de (Burkhard Kirste) (05/24/91)

erik@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu (Erik Schumacher) writes:

>I am looking for C- routines similar to the Fortran Eispack routines.  Most urgently I need a diagonalisation routine for complex matrices. Thanks for your
>help.  I appreciate it.
>
>Erik Schumacher
>Optical Sciences Center
>University of Arizona

Well, I have translated a set of Algol procedures which appeared
in Numer. Math. (in the 1960s) to the C language. The
routines for the diagonalization of Hermitian matrices are based
on the Householder-Givens method. That stuff is available by
anonymous ftp from:
   methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de [130.133.2.81]
   directory: pub/math/matrix     file: cplx_mat.tar.Z

There is no warranty whatsoever for these procedures.
- Burkhard Kirste.
--
  |~|   Burkhard Kirste                   |Freie Universitaet Berlin
  / \   kirste@methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de |Institut fuer Organische Chemie
 /FUB\  UUCP: kirste@fub.uucp             |Takustrasse 3
 `---'  Phone: +49 30 838-6484 fax: -5163 |D-1000 Berlin 33 Germany