[comp.lang.c] IBM PC keyboard handling

worley@compass.com (Dale Worley) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.210421.9656@unlv.edu> grover@brownie.cs.unlv.edu (Kevin Grover) writes:
   If it is IBM
   compatible, you should be able to get that symbol by holding the ALT key and
   typing the number 124 (the ASCII value for a | symbol), then releasing the
   ALT key.

BTW, the 1, 2, and 4 have to be typed on the numeric keypad, not on
the upper row of the main keypad.  Also, I've forgotten but the
NumLock state may or may not affect whether it works.

Dale Worley		Compass, Inc.			worley@compass.com
--
ITS -- the operating system where *you* type the prompt!

walterm@hpwrce.HP.COM (Walter Murray) (05/31/91)

> > > What if I want to use the sequence "??!" within a string?

> One method is to use string pasting:
> 	printf("Puzzled?" "?!  You don't need to be!\n");

Or use the new escape sequence invented by ANSI for this purpose:

       printf("Puzzled?\?!  You don't need to be!\n");

Walter
------