[comp.lang.c] Turbo C and Clipper .OBJ files

rensberry@p4.f22.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Clark Rensberry) (05/28/91)

Hi,

I've got Turbo C 2.0 and I program extensively in Clipper.  I built a simple graphics program in Turbo C and then assumed (what a mistake) that I could link it's OBJ file in with the rest of my compiled Clipper Code and link it with PLink86.  I also tried the MS-DOS linker as well.  No luck - There were library problems and routines being called that didn't exist (so said PLink86 in Verbose mode).

Is this because Clipper is written in MS C and thus OBJ files with it and TC just do not go together?  I ended up Kludging it with a shell call in the .EXE file that my clipper code created to a .EXE version of the graphics to make it work within my deadline but I don't like it that way.  Is there anyway to link them into one .EXE file?  Any takers?

Clark

--
"One must admit that even among intellectuals    | rensberry@weyr.fidonet.org
there are sometimes highly intelligent people.." |

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (05/31/91)

In article <261.28449770@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> rensberry@p4.f22.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Clark Rensberry) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I've got Turbo C 2.0 and I program extensively in Clipper.  I built a simple graphics program in Turbo C and then assumed (what a mistake) that I could link it's OBJ file in with the rest of my compiled Clipper Code and link it with PLink86.  I also tried the MS-DOS linker as well.  No luck - There were library problems and routines being called that didn't exist (so said PLink86 in Verbose mode).
I think your problem is that Turbo C generates calls to functions available in
ints libraries -- things like PCMP@ (for pointer comparison, if you use e.g.
if (ptr == NULL) ), which are not available in Clipper's library. Try linking
CL.LIB with your stuff too.

--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.
Kayaking: The art of appearing to want to go where your boat is taking you.