[comp.lang.c] Writing C programs for windows.

jmwojtal@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Wojo) (06/10/91)

After fooling around with C for a while, I noticed a program called asteroids
which only runs on the window stations at the university.  I was wondering if
there are any books available on programming such windows in C?

Thanks

Jeff Wojtalewicz (Wojo)  jmwojtal@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Oakland University		      Start Hacking

Bartholomew_Siemens@mindlink.bc.ca (Bartholomew Siemens) (06/11/91)

In message <6930@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
jmwojtal@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Wojo) writes:

> After fooling around with C for a while, I noticed a program called asteroids
> which only runs on the window stations at the university.  I was wondering if
> there are any books available on programming such windows in C?
>
> Thanks

I got this from one of the Borland C++ manuals that came
with the program.

o International Business Machines Corporation. _Systems_
x   _Application_Architecture:_Common_User_Access_Advanced_
x   _Interface_Design_Guide_, IBM, 1989.

o Microsoft Corporation. _Microsoft_Windows_User's_Guide_.
x   Redmond, WA: Microsoft Corporation, 1990.

o Microsoft Corporation. _Microsoft_Windows_Software_
x   _Development_Kit:_Programmer's Reference_. Redmond,
x   WA: Microsoft Corporation, 1990.

o Petzoid, Charles. _Programming_Windows_. Redmond, WA:
x   Microsoft Press, 1988.

I haven't read any of these books, as I just received
Borland C++, and am learning C++ right now.

-- bart (not simpson)
Disclaimer: navahoe -- I am exactly who I am and I speak that!
rsoft!mindlink!Bartholomew_Siemens@van-bc.UUCP

bill@sugaree.uu.net (William Bishop) (06/13/91)

In article <6930@vela.acs.oakland.edu>, jmwojtal@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Wojo) writes:

> After fooling around with C for a while, I noticed a program called asteroids
> which only runs on the window stations at the university.  I was wondering if
> there are any books available on programming such windows in C?
>
> Thanks

Yes there are, try _The_Programmer's_Guide_To_Gem_ published by Sybex

...Bill

--
          **** All opinions stated above are my own!! ****
William Bishop                 |  "Its a big country...