[comp.lang.c] Getting VGA [SVGA] Colors in BC++ or C or whatever

cee1@ra.MsState.Edu (The Chuckmeister) (06/10/91)

Ok, here I am getting into graphics using Borland C++ 2.0 and I have
a question [please no more of these late APril Fools Jokes {C a hoax}]
Whew!

ANyway

Here is my system configuration

STB EM-16 Card [SVGA up to 1024x16]
Seiko SVGA 8514/a monitor

286/12

Ok question: [example]

I want to fill my screen with single lines of color each gettting darker or
lighter by "one" so its a nice blended shaded screen [640x480x256]
But how do I go about formualting the colors and using them in a command?
do i use setpallate() or setrgbpallate() or what, I remeber from QBasic that
you did colors something like color= 256*green + 16*blue + 8*red or something

any help would be appreciated thanks..

or generally how do I 'make' a color.. thanks

--
=--------------------------------------------------------------------=
|  /  ----Charles Edward Evans------+        Bio-Mechanical       \  |

nevries@cs.ruu.nl (Nico de Vries) (06/12/91)

In <860@ra.MsState.Edu> cee1@ra.MsState.Edu (The Chuckmeister) writes:

>Ok, here I am getting into graphics using Borland C++ 2.0 and I have
>a question [please no more of these late APril Fools Jokes {C a hoax}]
>Whew!
>
>ANyway
>
>Here is my system configuration
>
>STB EM-16 Card [SVGA up to 1024x16]
>Seiko SVGA 8514/a monitor
>
>286/12
>
>Ok question: [example]
>
>I want to fill my screen with single lines of color each gettting darker or
>lighter by "one" so its a nice blended shaded screen [640x480x256]
>But how do I go about formualting the colors and using them in a command?
>do i use setpallate() or setrgbpallate() or what, I remeber from QBasic that
>you did colors something like color= 256*green + 16*blue + 8*red or something
>
>any help would be appreciated thanks..
>
>or generally how do I 'make' a color.. thanks
>

>--
>=--------------------------------------------------------------------=
>|  /  ----Charles Edward Evans------+        Bio-Mechanical       \  |
>| |  INTERNET: cee1@ra.msstate.edu  |          Engineering         | |
>| |    BITNET: cee1@MSSTATE.BITNET  |    Mississippi State Univ.   | |
>|  \______________________________________________________________/  |
>|  /                                                              \  |
>| |  And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written,   | |
>| |               KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.                 | |
>|  \______________________________________________________________/  |
>=--------------------------------------------------------------------=

You need a special BGI driver supporting your adapter. The BPROGB
forum on CompuServe contains these.

ins845b@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr k.l. lentin) (06/13/91)

>In <860@ra.MsState.Edu> cee1@ra.MsState.Edu (The Chuckmeister) writes:
>
>>Ok, here I am getting into graphics using Borland C++ 2.0 and I have
>>a question [please no more of these late APril Fools Jokes {C a hoax}]
>>Whew!

Try svgabg21.zip at wuarchive.wustl.edu (probably also at garbo or simtel)
Its at wuarchive in /mirrors/msdos/borland (I think!)

--
|\evin (ins845b@monu3.cc.monash.edu.au)  | All reasonable offers accepted