[comp.lang.c] g++

thomas@ckgp.UUCP (Michael Thomas) (06/14/91)

Hi,

	Could someone tell me about g++, all I
know is that it is a public domain 386 compiler.
I would be happy to know everything else, or
anything else...   8^)

thanks!  (...uunet!ckgp!thomas)
--
Thank you,
Michael Thomas

mouse@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (der Mouse) (06/16/91)

In article <541@ckgp.UUCP>, thomas@ckgp.UUCP (Michael Thomas) writes:

> Could someone tell me about g++, all I know is that it is a public
> domain 386 compiler.

It's a free, but definitely not public-domain, C++ compiler for many
machines, probably including the '386.

Why was this posted to comp.lang.c and comp.std.c?  g++ is a C++
compiler, not a C compiler.

> I would be happy to know everything else, or anything else...

Obtainable where Free Software Foundation software is found, at better
archive sites everywhere.  I don't know anything about g++
specifically, except that it builds on gcc, so you may need a gcc
distribution as well.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu