[net.sf-lovers] Anne McCaffrey & Dinosaur Planet

Steiner@RUTGERS.ARPA (12/14/83)

From:  Dave <Steiner@RUTGERS.ARPA>

I read Dinosaur Planet and was mildly amused.  The book ends sort of in
the middle and is dieing for a sequel.  Has anyone heard of anything
about a sequel for this?  It's been out for a while now so it doesn't
look likely.

ds
-------

kalash@ucbcad.UUCP (12/24/83)

#R:sri-arpa:-1458000:ucbcad:23400010:000:317
ucbcad!kalash    Dec 16 09:40:00 1983

> I read Dinosaur Planet and was mildly amused.  The book ends sort of in
> the middle and is dieing for a sequel.  Has anyone heard of anything
> about a sequel for this?  It's been out for a while now so it doesn't
> look likely.

	I have heard an emphatic "NO".

			Joe Kalash
			kalash@berkeley
			ucbvax!kalash

Cooper.rx@PARC-MAXC.ARPA (01/03/84)

Apparently, Dinosaur Planet was written before Ms. McCaffrey started on
the Dragon... books, and due to the immense success of the latter
series, and the eternal continuation of the saga, she simply never got
around to finishing off the Dinosaur Planet trilogy. A sad mistake if
you ask me.

	Martin