[comp.lang.c] Call Graph Constructor for c

eak@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Eric Kades) (06/21/91)

I'm porting a moderately large c program (~ 30,000 lines of code) from
one windowing manager to another.  I could really use a tool that, in
one form or another, constructs the call graph between functions from
c source code.  I'd be greatful for any pointers to such a program.

In article <13566@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, eak@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Eric Kades) writes:
> I could really use a tool that, in one form or another, constructs the
> call graph between functions from C source code.

If you have access to a UNIX System V, look for 'cflow' in the manual.
I've heard of one PD version, but don't remember the name.

--
I agree with Jim Giles about many of the deficiencies of present UNIX.

neitzel@infbs.uucp (Martin Neitzel) (06/30/91)

In article Richard A. O'Keefe writes:
ok>
ok>	I've heard of one PD version, but don't remember the name.

I have very good experiences with "calls", from comp.unix.sources,
volume3.

NAME
     calls - print out calling pattern of functions in a program
AUTHOR
     M. M. Taylor (DCIEM)
     Modified for V7 and stdio, Alexis Kwan (HCR for DCIEM)
     Fixed bugs with '_' and variable names, names >  ATOM_LENGTH
     chars.    12-Jun-84,  Kevin  Szabo,  watmath!wateng!ksbszabo
     (Elec Eng, U of Waterloo).
     Many   other   bug   fixes   and   features,   Tony   Hansen
     (ihnp4!pegasus!hansen)

						Martin Neitzel