[comp.lang.modula2] Henry et al

rbh@computer-science.nottingham.ac.UK (Roger Henry) (07/17/87)

In article <8707152306.AA18126@bugs.nosc.mil> broman@BUGS.NOSC.MIL (Vincent Broman) writes:
>I just received the library from Stan Osborne.  Is there interest
>in my posting the 24K of DEFINITION MODULEs?  Mail me.

I do not know how you managed to receive the DEFINITION MODULES for the
proposed BSI library - unless Stan Osborne typed them up himself!

As I announced in a recent message to the net, the modules are being
revised to take account of comments from WG13, and I shall post them all
to the net myself very shortly (within two weeks).  I would rather not
receive another round of comments on the previous set, and in any case
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of Stan's typing.

==
Roger Henry
==
Address:
   Computer Science Department,
   University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, England
Telephone:
   Nottingham (0602 or +44 602) 506101 extension 2855
Electronic Mail Addresses:
   JANET:       rbh@uk.ac.nott.cs
   ARPANET:     rbh%cs.nott.ac.uk@UCL-CS.ARPA
   UUCP:        rbh%cs.nott.ac.uk@ukc.uucp
   BITNET/EARN: rbh%NOTT.CS@AC.UK

broman@BUGS.NOSC.MIL (Vincent Broman) (07/17/87)

Because of the forthcoming posting of Henry, I will desist from posting
the previous version of the proposed standard.  If you cannot wait,
the DEFs and IMPs will be available by anonymous ftp from bugs.nosc.mil
in pub/Modula/BSI .  Implementations are for the Unix/Tartan compiler.

Vincent Broman,  code 632, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA 92152, USA
Phone: +1 619 225 2365    Internet: broman@nosc.mil   Uucp: sdcsvax!nosc!broman

stan@dual.UUCP (07/21/87)

I did not type in the DEFINITION files as suggested by Roger Henry.

What I provided to Vincent Broman was on IBM/PC floppy disk.  It was a copy
I made of the BSI proposed library dated September 1986 for the Unix/Tartan
compiler.  I got the originals on floppy disk from Dick Karpinsky.  These
files are the most up to date source files I have for the proposed BSI
procedure library.

Among the files on the disk was a "README" file. This file identified
the libraries as being Version 6.00-00 of the proposed BSI IO Modules
for Modula-2.  Authorship was attributed to Stuart Cox of Imperial College,
London during August 1986.

The following comment was included in the "README" file":

   "Please remember these are only proposed standards and form a
    minimal requirement."

Stan Osborne, ana-systems, Foster City, California
Phone: (415) 341-1768 UUCP: {ucbvax,sun,cbosgd,decwrl}!dual!dbi!stan