[comp.lang.modula2] MacModula2 SYSTEM sources

rlc@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Robert L. Chase) (07/29/87)

As part of a research project, I need to have
source (Assembler?) for the NEWPROCESS and TRANSFER
procedures from SYSTEM in MacModula2 by Modula Corp (a la Wirth's
published ones for the Lilith). If this request is legal, please help.
 Thanks much.
  Bob Chase    rlc@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu

tomas@apple.UUCP (Tom Taylor) (07/30/87)

In article <1825@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU> rlc@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Robert L. Chase) writes:
>As part of a research project, I need to have
>source (Assembler?) for the NEWPROCESS and TRANSFER
>procedures from SYSTEM in MacModula2 by Modula Corp (a la Wirth's
>published ones for the Lilith). If this request is legal, please help.
> Thanks much.
>  Bob Chase    rlc@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu

If you are talking about the orginal MacModula-2 by Modula Corp, the
interpreted M-code version, then...

The procedures for NEWPROCESS and TRANSFER are actually 68000 assembly
routines in part of the Modula-2 interpreter.  Although Modula Corp. isn't
really doing anything with the interpreter these days, I bet they'd
be reluctant to release any of the sources.

Tom Taylor
Development Systems Group