[comp.lang.modula2] Turbo Modula 2

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (11/18/86)

In article <2686@utai.UUCP>, jpierre@utai.UUCP writes:

> Would anyone know if and when BORLAND is planning to come out with
> TURBO MODULA2 for the Atari ST series?

According to Borland at the Comdex show, they have no plans for Modula-2
for _any_ system.

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"Loose chips sink ships."

manis@ubc-cs.UUCP (11/19/86)

In article <467@atari.UUcp> neil@atari.UUCP writes:
>According to Borland at the Comdex show, they have no plans for Modula-2
>for _any_ system.
That's what I thought until Steve Ciarcia packaged CP/M-80 Turbo Modula-2
with his new graphics board.

In any case, why wait on Borland? I find the TDI developer's package quite
usable. It certainly is not a suitable introductory system, but it's highly
usable for serious work. Maybe one of the other Modula-2 vendors will put
out a good introductory system.

Borland's big push right now seems to be Turbo Basic. Yawn.

>"Loose chips sink ships."
Thus mixing the chips with the fish.

peterson@ti-csl.CSNET (Bob Peterson) (11/20/86)

In article <2686@utai.UUCP> jpierre@utai.UUCP writes:

>Would anyone know if and when BORLAND is planning to come out with
>TURBO MODULA2 for the Atari ST series? I would also appreciate
>comments on TDI's MODULA2 developper's package for the ST.

  The following two messages were posted to the Compuserve Forum run by
Borland International.  These are only the most recent two messages of a
conversation that began around a month ago when Dave complained that
Borland had talked about a Modula-2 product for quite some time, over a
year, but had made no firm announcements regarding the product.

  In an eariler message, which I did not retain a copy of, Borland
announced that the CP/M-80 version of their Modula-2 compiler has been
licensed to both MicroMint and Echelon.  This compiler is derived from
the one demonstrated at the MODUS meeting over a year ago.  MicroMint
and Echelon will distribute and support the product, ie, at this time
Borland has little if any responsibility left for that product.

  I've removed Dave's surname, since I'm quoting him without permission.
Larry Kraft (SysOp) manages this particular Borland Forum and I
understand Larry is a Borland employee.  Borland is careful not to tell
Larry about unannounced products.