[comp.lang.modula2] forwarded request for info

ken@CS.ROCHESTER.EDU (Ken Yap) (04/15/88)

------- Forwarded Message

To: ken <ken@cs.rochester.edu>
Subject: Modula-2 Information Request
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 88 18:00:51 +0100
From: "Donal Daly D.S.G. Trinity College Dublin"
 <mcvax!cs.tcd.ie!daly@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi,

I am interested in finding out about Modula-2 compilers for uVaxen
( apart from Powell's), support tools and validation suites.
Firstly some information about what we are doing with Modula-2
here in Trinity College Dublin.

We have ported the VAX/VMS Hamburg Modula-2 compiler to GENIX 4.2(NS32000).
There is both a native version of the compiler and a cross-development
version running under ULTRIX 2.0 on uVaxen. The compiler itself is
written in Modula-2 and is self-compilable.

We are currently writing a code generator for uVaxen. The reason being
is that we cannot modifiy the Powell's compiler as we do not have the
sources.  At present simple programs are compiling and running.

Could you, if possible, help us answer the following questions...

 1) Are there other Modula-2 compilers for vaxes? Are sources available?

 2) Are the sources for Powell compiler available and is any further
    development work being done on it?

 3) Do you have or do you know where I can find test  validation suite?

 4) What support tools if any are available for the modula-2 programmer?

Thanks in advance for any help with the above.

 Donal

LOOK!! I use to be daly@tcdcs.uucp but I am now daly@cs.tcd.ie (Whoopee!!)

|  Donal Daly                                                         |
|  Distributed Systems Group            uucp daly@cs.tcd.ie           |
|  Department of Computer Science      Phone +353-1-772941 Ext 1765   |
|  Trinity College Dublin                                             |
|  201 Pearse Street                                                  |
|  Dublin 2                                                           |

------- End of Forwarded Message