[comp.lang.modula2] Public Domain Modula-2?

Orion@cup.portal.com (04/11/88)

Hi,
     Is there any public domain Modula-2  in source code?  (in Pascal
or C or even Modula :)  )
     If there is such a beast, can someone upload it or give info
on how I can get it?   Thanks...

           Orion@cup.portal.com

nhancock@cdp.UUCP (05/13/88)

I have a PD modula2 called FMODULA2.ARC. It doesn't have source and
haven't tried it, but it is 285K

If you want a copy send me mail ( Ihaven't yet figured out using
mail across UNIX systems yet) or phone me on
    (602)395-5133 during the day (Phoenix,AZ)

      Neil

MFELDMAN@GWUVM.BITNET (Mike Feldman) (05/16/88)

My guess is that what you are calling the PD Modula-2, FMODULA2 is
probably an archived an uploaded copy of FST Modula-2, from Fitted
Software Tools (Roger Carvalho) in Duluth GA. There is a $35. shareware
fee associated with this system, if it is what I think it is. Roger
doesn't release the sources to the compiler, but registered users get
the sources to the libraries. I have used this compiler this semester
in several courses I teach, with pretty good success. It has a decent
editor/debugged/error tracer environment, and compiles very fast.

This compiler has been described as a "shareware gem" - I can certainly
say it's the best software product I've ever seen for the price. And
Roger is continually upgrading it. But PD it ain't - and Roger tells
me that if people don't pay his shareware fee he'll take it commercial.
It'd be a shame to lose another good shareware product. If you use it,
you gotta pay for it.

randy@oresoft.UUCP (Randy Bush) (05/17/88)

>I have a PD modula2 called FMODULA2.ARC.

Ugh.  It's not PD, but shareware, and rather nice for the price ($25).
I had the privilege of meeting the author of FST Modula-2 for the PC,
Roger Carvalho at the March standards meeting, and have used his
compiler.  It provides a quite usable, low-cost, experience with the
language for the MS-DOS user.

It is available on a number of BBSs as well as UUCP.  The interested BBS
user might try +1 (503) 297-9145.
--
randy@oresoft.uu.net                                          FidoNet : 1:105/6
randy%oresoft.uu.net@relay.cs.net                             +1 (503) 245-2202

uh@materna.uucp (Uwe Hoch) (05/21/88)

In article <149@oresoft.UUCP> randy@oresoft.uu.net (Randy Bush) writes:

>It is available on a number of BBSs as well as UUCP.  The interested BBS
>user might try +1 (503) 297-9145.

How can i get this thing via UUCP to Germany???

Uwe Hoch
Dr. Materna GmbH
Vosskuhle 38
D-4600 Dortmund 1