[comp.lang.modula2] Modula for CP/M

pl@tut.fi (Pertti Lehtinen) (08/11/88)

Ralph-Becker writes
> I bought FTL-M2 (from Workman & Associates), and so far have been very happy
> His overall comment: The best compiler (for any language) he has ever seen for
> cp/m. Also one of the better overall programming environments under cp/m.
	I have also FTL-Modula, which is ok.

	But I prefer more Hochstrasser Modula, which is
	also available from Workman&Associates.

PS.
	On FTL Modulus-function doesn`t work coorectly.

--
pl@tut.fi			! All opinions expressed above
Pertti Lehtinen			! are preliminary and in subject

wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (08/17/88)

In article <4577@hakki.tut.fi> pl@tut.fi (Pertti Lehtinen) writes:
>Ralph-Becker writes
>> I bought FTL-M2 (from Workman & Associates), and so far have been very happy
>	But I prefer more Hochstrasser Modula, which is

But isn't Hochstrasser Modula integer only?

			Jeff Wieland

josef@un21 (08/17/88)

I am currently using Turbo-Modula 2 (TM2) on my SB180FX (the version
written especially for the SB180FX).
It's not too bad, but I have encountered some problems that left me
in doubt about the quality of the product:
1) The native code generation doesn't work (I can't EXIT from a LOOP)
2) I can't use IOTRANSFER.

I contacted Micromint (one guy called Ken). They apparently have taken
over TM2 from Borland (the SB180 version only??) but he
says they haven't received any sources (yet).
He told me on the phone that some peaople had patches to TM2
Anybody who reads this???

Apart from that: Does anybody have source code for a Modula 2 compiler
	for the NS32000? This is a STRICTLY PRIVATE request!!!

				Josef Moellers
				c/o Nixdorf Computer AG
				Abt EG-3
				Unterer Frankfurter Weg
				D-4790 Paderborn
				(49) 5251 104691
				...!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad

PS: Insert Your favorite disclaimer here (The usual stuff about
    opinions, employers and the like)

clemens@ethz.UUCP (Clemens Szyperski) (08/22/88)

In article <2800001@un21.UUCP> josef@un21 writes:
>Apart from that: Does anybody have source code for a Modula 2 compiler
>	for the NS32000? This is a STRICTLY PRIVATE request!!!

A Modula 2 compiler for the NS32000 is available from
	ETH Zuerich
	Institut fuer Informatik
	attn: R. Wakefield		<wakefield@ifi.ethz.ch>
	ETH Zentrum
	CH-8092 Zuerich
	Switzerland
The compiler is distributed in Modula source form; a source license
is about 1000$.